The comedian Steve Martin would do a little skit - "How to be a millionaire and never pay taxes!"
- First, get a million dollars...
- Next, when the IRS comes to your door, 2 simple words! "I forgot!"
- First, find a treasurer...
- Next, give them an account on Treasurer's Briefcase!
It's not that easy sometimes to find the right person. It's even harder when the last treasurer did a poor job, the finances are a mess and no one knows where the records are. If you want to make it easy, year in and year out to find a treasurer, make the job easy with Treasurer's Briefcase.
If you are the president of the organization you can make it much easier to find and retain a good treasurer by giving him or her the right tool and by not asking them to clean up someone else's mess all of the time. Handing someone a box of records and a disk with some Excel spreadsheets is not the way to make it easy on the next volunteer.
So, really, how do you transition to the next treasurer using Treasurer's Briefcase?
- First, add the new treasurer as a user by accessing the Settings->Users menu and clicking on the Add User button.
- Then, set the new user as the primary contact by accessing the Settings->Organization menu and changing the primary contact in the drop down.
Yup, it's that simple. You're done...and now it's Tina's turn!